Groupon Inc (NASDAQ:GRPN) has been in improvement mode since long, and the existing quarter validates that at least a bottom is in. The recent quarterly report also validates that the restructuring measure is almost complete. As a result, the stock price should record an up move, as it was hovering around depressed levels until now.
Though analysts are not crazy about the firm’s metrics, they consider $4 per share to be a good enough discount to stay invested in Groupon stock. The company’s fourth quarter and year-end financial report indicates that the turnaround measures are ahead of schedule. Gross Billings came at $1.70 billion in 4Q2016 compared to $1.71 billion in 4Q2015. It should be noted that the firm is still exiting markets.
Revenue came at $934.9 million in 4Q2016 as against $917.2 million in 4Q2015. North America again proved to be the promising market with a 5% increase, versus a drop of 2% in EMEA, and a decline of 12% for the rest of the world. Gross profit stood at $369.9 million in 4Q2016, versus $371.7 million in 4Q2015. In this metric also, North America proved to be the bright spot, with gross profit surging 14%, compared to a drop of 25% for EMEA.
North America has been performing well consistently. Gross billings jumped 6% in the reported quarter. New clients and the buying of LivingSocial is the prime reason contributing to overall success. EMEA gross billings dropped by 9% while ‘Rest of World’ dropped by 15%.
Growth in North America is doing counterbalancing well the decline in revenue recorded from elsewhere during restructuring phase. What is evident from this report is the firm has managed to counterbalance losing revenue and gross profits as it withdraws from other markets supported by increased revenue from North America. Free cash flow stood at $269 million for 4Q2016.
DISCLOSURE: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors, and do not represent the views of journaltranscript.com. Readers should not consider statements made by the author as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. To read our full disclosure, please go to: https://www.journaltranscript.com/disclaimer
The Next Big Thing In Biotech?https://journaltranscript.com
Get our top rated alerts on the biotech sector
Miner Stock About To Explodehttps://www.journaltranscript.com
Investors are flocking to this stock like no tomorrow !
Traders Need To Know This Nowhttps://journaltranscript.com
WallStreet is loading up on this stock. Find out why