SHARE

In an attempt to explore the market efficiently, Caladrius Biosciences Inc (NASDAQ:CLBS)‘s wholly-owned subsidiary PCT, LLC has signed a License Agreement and International Collaboration deal with Hitachi Chemical. Caladrius is well-known for its therapeutic product pipeline, whereas Hitachi is an international conglomerate with a rapid-growing portfolio in life sciences field.

Insights of Matter

As part of this deal, Hitachi has bought 19.9% equity interest in PCT, LLC for a whopping sum of $19.4 million. Caladrius will retain the remaining 80.1% stake in PCT after this collaboration.

As per the reports, Caladrius seeks to use these proceeds for business expansion and service improvement at PCT in support of general corporate purposes and commercial product launch. Meanwhile, PCT has licensed its know-how and cell therapy technology to Hitachi for cell therapy manufacturing in countries like Japan.

The Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency has implemented more favorable legislative rules related to regenerative medicine development in Japan than any other Asian country, which makes it an essential destination for PCT to expand its business.

Under this license agreement, Hitachi will make an upfront payment of $5.6 million, excluding royalties and service fees on contract revenue in these countries. Under this agreement, Hitachi takes the responsibility of all the operational and capital expenses related to establishment of Asian business.

PCT and Hitachi have also agreed to carry out a joint venture deal to explore European market in the near future. According to Caladrius CEO David J. Mazzo, PhD, it’s great to sign a collaboration deal with a company like Hitachi Chemical.

The vision of PCT and Hitachi is very much in line when it comes to business expansion and product development. Going forward, PCT and Hitachi will work on many joint projects to make the best use of each others’ expertise and resources. Details of these projects will be announced at a later date.

SHARE
Previous articleAlnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ALNY) Starts Hemophilia Patients Dosing In Phase 1 Study
Next articleGilead Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:GILD) Halts Zydelig Trials Following EMA Review
Steve Kanaval: Portfolio Manager/Writer/ Market Analyst Steve began his career in the Trading Pits in Chicago making markets at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (NYSE:CME) the Chicago Board of Trade and the CBOE in the early 80’s. He ran the Morgan Stanley Derivative Prop Trading for the firm specializing in Index Arbitrage. He continued his career as a Trader/Portfolio Manager for multiple Hedge Funds during the Internet Boom of the 90’s managing large portfolios. Steve is known as an expert in MicroCap Technology Stocks and the emerging Digital Currency markets as a Portfolio Manager for his Family Office. Steve has managed portfolio’s in volatile asset classes for 3 decades as a commodity trader, hedge fund manager and digital currency trader and miner. Steve publishes his views on the asset classes in a public forum and has published more than 10,000 articles simplifying these complex and volatile assets for readers. His work is published on multiple sites including Bloomberg, Equities.com, Hacked.com, CryptoCurrencyNews as a paid contributor. His work includes research, journalism and archived video on important market volatility related to stocks, digital currency and other volatile misunderstood asset classes. He offers a humorous, unique insight and the related back stories and drivers for readers interested in volatility and emerging market assets. Full disclosure Steve is long 25 digital currencies and sits on the board of multiple public companies involved in digital currencies, and owns shares in these companies from time to time.

LEAVE A REPLY